Print ISSN: 1818-5746

Online ISSN: 2313-4429

Keywords : umbilical hernias


Umbilical hernias among sheep in Dohuk

N .J. Hassan

AL-Qadisiyah Journal of Veterinary Medicine Sciences, 2008, Volume 7, Issue 2, Pages 63-68

Umbilical hernias among sheep in Dohuk

N .J. Hassan
Coll.of Vet.Med./Univ.of Dohuk
Keyword: umbilical hernias, sheep.
Abstract
Twenty four cases of sheep with umbilical abdominal hernias were registered which brought to Akra Veterinary Hospital and to the Teaching Clinic in College of Veterinary Medicine, Dohuk University, Iraq within six years duration approximately.This study reveals that there was great influence of sex and age of animal on the percentage of umbilical hernia in which females 17(70.83%) were more affected than males 7(29.17%). Lambs less than 6 months old 19(79.17%) were more influenced than lambs more than 6 months old and adults 5(20.83%). The percentage of the congenital cases 16(66.67%) preceded the acquired causes 8(33.33%) and the majority of these hernias were reducible 21(87.5%) while the remainder were irreducible 3(12.5%).